||THE SECRETS GURU'S DON'T WANT YOU TO KNOW|| THE WHOLESALING BLUE PRINT BY THE GODFATHER OF WHOLESALING|| by Kenny Rushing
50 Ways To Dominate Your Local Wholesale Market “It’s As Easy As Turning On A Light Switch”
1. Assignments: Don't rely on just assigning the contract forever. Use them to build up working capital and then buy the houses for cash to sell for top dollar. When you only use assignments the clock is ticking by every passing day. The deal may be a good deal. However if you don't find a buyer in time you could be losing out on profit if you bought the home with cash and waited patiently to find a buyer.
2. REO Agents/Brokers: Build relationships with REO agents. Be prepared to give them 100% of their commissions, and possibly doing a few other things under the table that I can’t talk about on this wall (but are very common if you want to get an upper hand on your competition).
3. Foreclosure Auctions: If you have cash or a partner that will fund your deals bid on local foreclosures either LIVE or you will have to bid online. Make sure not to over pay.
4. Private Sellers: You can Prospect for profit to find vacant houses, write down the address, find the owner in public records and contact them either through www.whitepages.com or calling 411 to get their phone number. You can also send them a letter/post card offering to buy their home. Or you can locate F.S.B.O homes and contact them offering quick cash for their house
5. Create a Marketing/Advertising Campaign: make yourself stand out from the rest, in 2001 I came up with the “Cash in 3 Days For your house” campaign (before all the copy cats of course). The better your campaign the more response you will get. Make sure it solves the problem of the homeowner.
6. Bandit Signs: Put massive bandit signs everywhere, on busy intersections, on your wholesale houses, in front of your competitors office (Lee Kearney LOL) in front of Home Depot & Lowes, everywhere (at least 200 - 500 month). Make sure to get a Google number so the local bandit police doesn't track you down.
7. Wrap Your Automobile/or magnetic signs: Put a wrap on your car and wrap up profits like I did in 2002 before you seen one.
8. Craigslist/Postlet: Advertise your good finds to sell, also look through them to find good deals to buy
9. Create a website/ squeeze page: Give away a free report “How to Buy Dirt Cheap Houses for Profit” as a lead magnet to get them to opt into your list, then put them on your email list
10. Contact All Short Sale Companies: tell them to call you after they get a short sale approval for quick cash
11. Facebook: Advertise on your wall, and create a geo –targeted campaign on Facebook to buy/sell houses
12. Google Adwords: Create an account and advertise wholesale properties, buy the right key –words , I was advertising on Google back in 2003 and chrushing it (thanks LLyod)
13. Build a Bird – Dog Team: pay them handsomely for their good finds
14. Press Release: Continue to pump out a PR campaign about what your company is doing in the community. you don't just buy houses, you help people and give back unselfishly
15. Estate attorney: Build relationships with them to offer to buy their clients probate homes
16. Title Companies: Find a title company that you can use, but also find out who is buying in the market and lending money so you can tap into their resources
17. HUD Homes: Build a relationship with a HUD home agent to bid on their properties
18. For Rent Signs: call every for rent sign and build a relationship with the landlord, he may want to buy more houses or sell his
19. Foreign Investors: Advertise a PPC campaign in Europe, Canada, and Asia, foreign buyer’s love American real estate and will pay more
20. Connect With Churches: Let them know you buy houses cash if their congregate need to sell them and then make a donation to the church
21. Funeral Homes: Let them know you buy houses cash and will pay them for any leads
22. Cherry–Pick Bulk REO’s: Choose the best deals from the package in areas you like.
23. Code Enforcement Department: Buy their list and send a post card to all the seller’s who are having Code Enforcement issues with their homes
24. Loopnet: Subscribe to loopnet, advertise your wholesale deals top their network of buyer's
25. Subscribe to a Local Lis Penden Directory: Send letters to everyone in pre- foreclosure or do engage in a door knocking campaign
26. Bankruptcy Attorney’s: Contact them and let them know you buy houses cash and will pay them a fee if they send you over leads
27. Foreclosure Defense Attorney’s: Send them postcards to offer your services to buy their clients homes who are facing foreclosure
28. Divorce Attorney’s: Build a relationship to let them know that you can buy their clients homes and pay them a referral fee
29. Real Estate Attorney’s: Let them know you buy houses cash, maybe they have clients trying to sell them . Also ask if they loan money. Most real Estate attorney’s are also private lenders .
30. Cash Buyer’s : Subscribe to a directory that offers cash buyers that have close deals in 30 -60 days with cash.
31. Flyers” Put your business cars and flyers in stores, laundry mats, resturants, barber shops, beauty salons and everywhere else people frequent
32. Newspaper Ad’s: At least advertise “We Buy Houses Cash” in the Sunday edition if nothing else
33. Local Blogging; Blog about your campanies service on local real estate sites
34. Expired Lising’s on MLS: A very good source for motivated seller’s (talk to the agent)
35. Tax deed Auctions: These properties can be purchase at the auction to re –sell wholesale to other investors. You may have to do a quiet – title on the homes and this will take 45 -90 days
36. Property Management Company: Contact them to ask if they have a client looking to sell their property for cash
37. Receivership: Contact all companies that are acting in the capacity of a receiver and offer to buy the properties
38. Public Auctions: Several times a month you will see a public auction in the local newspaper, attend the auction and buy homes using your cash partners money if you don't have any money
39. Churches: Contact local churches, send them a post card, many times churches buy homes in run down neighborhoods, either to revitalize the community or pass them on to the highest buyer,. I once bought a house for $9,000 from a church and sold it for $24K in as- is condition
40. Bus Stop benches: Are used for visual (You must have at least 12 to make an imprint all in one targeted area. Don’t use just one it won’t work)
41. Radio Ad: This is used for branding your message, use 15 sec for short quick attention getters and 30 - 60 sec for more informative
42. Traffic Billboard: These are use to make a statement. Here I am! Deliver a quick attention getting message
43. TV commercial: Are used to say “I’m on TV” people connect to others on TV as it gives a perception that you are a star (and you are
44. Door knob Ad: Leave it on their door if they are not home
45. Staple Gun: use it to staple your card on the vacant house
46. Lands Available List: Buy these properties for the back taxes owed
47. Estate sales: Buy these properties from heirs that don’t want them and re- sell them wholesale to other investor’s
48. Re –sell on MLS: List your properties on the MLS to attract more eyes and build up a buyer’s list. Never hurts to get your license if you want
49. Mailman: Give them a card and let them know you pay referrals for house leads
50. Asset manages from Local banks: Build a relationship with them and let them know you buy local houses
51. Real Estate Promoter: Build a relationship with a cash partner to fund your deals. I pay $1,000 transaction fee's and 1% month
52. Direct Mail Campaign: Buy a absentee owner list in your geo - targeted area and send direct mail or postcards, you can use listability, corelogic and many others to pull your list and Click2mail to send the letters
For more information on how you can dominate your local market log onto kennyrushing.com
Sam Kakembo, an Entrepeneur & Investor, plays a key role in management of the company portfolio of emerging markets. The majority of his investments are made in single family rental properties. He is responsible for property evaluation, marketing, acquisitions and in addition, asset managment of the Company’s property portfolio. Mr. Kakembo possesses 10 years’ experience in Canadian real estate, and currently manages a private real estate portfolio, Richland Investments and Property Management